Internetworking help

I've been designing and programming desktop office programs to help teach myself the visual basic language, But I'm not sure how to take the step to internetworking and network based programming. I was originally told to use winsock controls but that seems very limited. Am I mistaken and Winsock is the way to go or is there another set of controls i should be researching? Any input would be nice and thatnks in advance.
[code]If Userclue > 0 then
msgbox("Woohoo that Makes one")
end if[/code]
So... How long do you think you'll be waiting?
Im not Sen[red]d[/red]ing Sumbl[red]i[/red]minal m[red]e[/red]ssages

Comments

• : I've been designing and programming desktop office programs to help teach myself the visual basic language, But I'm not sure how to take the step to internetworking and network based programming. I was originally told to use winsock controls but that seems very limited. Am I mistaken and Winsock is the way to go or is there another set of controls i should be researching? Any input would be nice and thatnks in advance.
    : [code]If Userclue > 0 then
    : msgbox("Woohoo that Makes one")
    : end if[/code]
    : So... How long do you think you'll be waiting?
    : Im not Sen[red]d[/red]ing Sumbl[red]i[/red]minal m[red]e[/red]ssages
    :

I've never heard anyone say the WinSock control is not sufficient... Why would you say so?

Btw: CoOl SiGnAtUrE!

Greets...
    Richard

• I jsut thought that the ability to only connecty to a single other winsock control at a time was rather weak. i figured there was something better out but i could be wrong. I've already devised a way to get around the single connect issue using multiple winsocks i just thought that there might be something better.

BTW; Thanks i like it.
    [code]If Userclue > 0 then
    msgbox("Woohoo that Makes one")
    end if[/code]
    So... How long do you think you'll be waiting?
    Im not Sen[red]d[/red]ing Sumbl[red]i[/red]minal m[red]e[/red]ssages