help on display modes

Hi all,
Iam working on display stuff in win98..i basically want all the display resolution modes present in registry to be enabled in Rightclick/properties/settings.. is there anything to be changed in registry? bcoz this can be done in WIN2K/XP by enabling the pruning mode key in registry or by check/uncheck the option in Rtclksettingsadvancedmonitorhide the modes that this monitor cannot disoplay.

awaiting for ur vauable suggestion.

Comments

• : Hi all,
    : Iam working on display stuff in win98..i basically want all the display resolution modes present in registry to be enabled in Rightclick/properties/settings.. is there anything to be changed in registry? bcoz this can be done in WIN2K/XP by enabling the pruning mode key in registry or by check/uncheck the option in Rtclksettingsadvancedmonitorhide the modes that this monitor cannot disoplay.
    :
    : awaiting for ur vauable suggestion.
    :
    :
    :

I saw something about that just this morning. See the win32 api function EnumDisplaySettings() in MSDN for details.

• : Hi all,
    : Iam working on display stuff in win98..i basically want all the display resolution modes present in registry to be enabled in Rightclick/properties/settings.. is there anything to be changed in registry? bcoz this can be done in WIN2K/XP by enabling the pruning mode key in registry or by check/uncheck the option in Rtclksettingsadvancedmonitorhide the modes that this monitor cannot disoplay.
    :
    : awaiting for ur vauable suggestion.
    :
    :
    Hi, I have the same problem with you, I need to uncheck the checkbox
    "hide the modes that this monitor cannot display"
    to change a specific resolution.

The API, EnumDisplaySettings() can list the mode I wanted only when
    I uncheck the checkbox.

Did you got the solution about this problem? Can you share with me?
    Thank.

Robert0937@gmail.com
  • : : Hi all,
    : : Iam working on display stuff in win98..i basically want all the display resolution modes present in registry to be enabled in Rightclick/properties/settings.. is there anything to be changed in registry? bcoz this can be done in WIN2K/XP by enabling the pruning mode key in registry or by check/uncheck the option in Rtclksettingsadvancedmonitorhide the modes that this monitor cannot disoplay.
    : :
    : : awaiting for ur vauable suggestion.
    : Hi, I have the same problem with you, I need to uncheck the checkbox
    : "hide the modes that this monitor cannot display"
    : to change a specific resolution.
    :
    : The API, EnumDisplaySettings() can list the mode I wanted only when
    : I uncheck the checkbox.
    :
    : Did you got the solution about this problem? Can you share with me?
    : Thank.
    :
    : Robert0937@gmail.com
    :

try the extended version of the function :

EnumDisplaySettingsEx
    ak