hiding console window

Hi working in dev-c++ lastest version. Wondering if theres anyway of hiding a consol window so that the program im working on can be a properly working in the background. Please any ideas, or ways around this. Thanks richard

Comments

• : Hi working in dev-c++ lastest version. Wondering if theres anyway of hiding a consol window so that the program im working on can be a properly working in the background. Please any ideas, or ways around this. Thanks richard
    :

well if you can get a handle to the console window just call
    ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_HIDE );

i blieve there is a function to get the handle to the console window, but im not sure, you might want to check around on msdn.

if not, then you can just use FindWindow()
    warning: if you use findwindow() then if there is a another window with the same name as your console then you run the risk of hiding it instead of yours.
  • : i blieve there is a function to get the handle to the console window, but im not sure, you might want to check around on msdn.
    :
    : if not, then you can just use FindWindow()

GetConsoleWindow().
  • [b][red]This message was edited by RichardC at 2004-12-31 10:44:35[/red][/b][hr]
    Could anyone give me an example of how to use GetConsoleWindow(); and ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_HIDE );. having trouble. When i mean use i mean togther

• : [b][red]This message was edited by RichardC at 2004-12-31 10:44:35[/red][/b][hr]
    : Could anyone give me an example of how to use GetConsoleWindow(); and ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_HIDE );. having trouble. When i mean use i mean togther
    :
    :
    :
    [code]
    #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500
    #include
    #include
    using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    HWND hWnd = GetConsoleWindow();
    ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_HIDE );