HELP....Urgent!!!!

hi there am tryin to do my first project in c in LINUX using GCC compiler and its hell....
cud someone ans these questions?
1)scanf(" %c",var) generates a segmentation fault and terminates the program.tried with space before %c....without it,tried getchar...getch....gets....even tried declaring the var as string and using %s.WORKS AT SOMEPLACES BUT NOT OTHERS.CUD U PLEASE TELL ME Y THIS IS HAPPENIN?AND WHTS THE SOLUTION?
2)the compiler does not take conio.h for clrscr().though i found a solution to implement clrser()....y is it so?
3)how do i generate a menu using c graphics? i dont know c graphics so cud someone give me the code?
4)cud one of u tell me how to print a file in linux?it doesnt support stdprn...right?so how do i detect the system for a printer and then print?
5)also can i implement file permissions?how?iam tryin to develop a file handling system...
iam really sorry to put in soooooo many questions in my first message....but trust me its urgent....so plz HELP!!!

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by Lord Loh. at 2005-1-7 6:7:33[/red][/b][hr]
    : 1)scanf(" %c",var)

>>>>> &var it requires a pointer...

: 2)the compiler does not take conio.h for clrscr().though i found a solution to implement clrser()....y is it so?

>>>>> There is a library called ncurses, ncurses.h It permits creating windows on the terminal screen, alter colors, clear windows etc.

a simple way out is print several printf("
    ");

conio.h is not portable to linux.

I am a new C (LINUX) programmer and I found this so far...

Hope this helps...