Simple question

I had DirectX 9 SDK installed recently and found some nice 3D samples but most of them failed to run on another PC that doesnt have DX9 SDK installed but DOES have DirectX 9 Runtime version installed. The error i got is something like: "Cannot find any Direct 3D devices"? What am i missing? How can then games that run using DX9 only need DC9 runtime installed?

Thank you in advance,
bLagoYe

Comments

• : I had DirectX 9 SDK installed recently and found some nice 3D samples but most of them failed to run on another PC that doesnt have DX9 SDK installed but DOES have DirectX 9 Runtime version installed. The error i got is something like: "Cannot find any Direct 3D devices"? What am i missing? How can then games that run using DX9 only need DC9 runtime installed?
    :
    : Thank you in advance,
    : bLagoYe
    :

maybe your samples use the reference-rasterizer?this is a (very slow,but exact) software-device which is only supported by the d3d-sdk-runtimes.try to compile the code using a rgb-hal or rgb-TnL-hal.
  • Hello,
    I gave up on trying to fix this problem months ago, but now this problem got again in my focus. I have little DirectX knowledge, so changing a device appears to me something difficult to do.
    I'm trying to run BumpSelfShadow project (3D earth rotating) on another pc that hasn't got DirectX SDK installed. I understood that You have DirectX SDK so if you could only edit BumpSelfShadow code and change it's initial device driver and tell me what lines to change, i'll appreciate it very much !

Thank You in advance !