Source code

My boss sent me a program written for him by another programmer. He wants me to add functions to it, but the problem is, I only have the exe file, and don't even know for sure what language the code was written in. Is there any way for me to decompile the source code, or do I have to go back to the original programmer and get it from him? As a note, while contacting the original programmer may be "easier", it has been difficult to get in touch with him recently, and so might actually take more time.

Comments

• You cannot decompile an exe back into its source code, so either get the source from the author or write a new program that does what the original does.

: My boss sent me a program written for him by another programmer. He wants me to add functions to it, but the problem is, I only have the exe file, and don't even know for sure what language the code was written in. Is there any way for me to decompile the source code, or do I have to go back to the original programmer and get it from him? As a note, while contacting the original programmer may be "easier", it has been difficult to get in touch with him recently, and so might actually take more time.
    :

[italic][blue]To understand recursive, first you need to understand recursive[/blue][/italic]