shortest path

Hi everyone,

I am working on a program that needs to find the shortest path in a graph I am writing the program in C++ with Microsoft Visual Studio.net using MFC. I am totally lost and do not know where to begin, can someone give me a good website to look at to help me out. I have already searched codeproject.com and found some stuff on Dijkstra's algorithm but it didnt help me out. If anyone can help me out I need to draw a graph on the dialog box and place circles with numbers on them representing locations on the graph with the x and y coordinates. Then I need to draw a line to connect them together and find the shortest path from one circle to another. Can someone please help me out?

Comments

• : Hi everyone,
    :
    : I am working on a program that needs to find the shortest path in a graph I am writing the program in C++ with Microsoft Visual Studio.net using MFC. I am totally lost and do not know where to begin, can someone give me a good website to look at to help me out. I have already searched codeproject.com and found some stuff on Dijkstra's algorithm but it didnt help me out. If anyone can help me out I need to draw a graph on the dialog box and place circles with numbers on them representing locations on the graph with the x and y coordinates. Then I need to draw a line to connect them together and find the shortest path from one circle to another. Can someone please help me out?
    :

[blue]
    Dijkstra's shortest path is your best bet. However, you'll have to invest about a half hour to first understand it. I'm sure that you'll find some information on google if you type in "Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm". I got loads of web sites; one of them is bound to explain how the algorithm works.
    Good luck!
    [/blue]