Time Dilation...Relitive? to what?

we all know that velocity is reletive to an object. now, since the fater you go, the slower time passes, the object that You are moving RELATIVE TO is left behind in time and feels the effects of aging. here is my question: if you are moving relitive to the object, isn't it moving relitive to you, so therefor, shouldn't the effects of aging on you RELATIVE to the object be the same as the object to you. that is saying:

if you are aging less becuase you are moving faster than an object, then isn't the object moving relitive to you, and therefor, does it exprience time dilation as well as you, even though you are the one actually moving?

Comments

• : we all know that velocity is reletive to an object. now, since the fater you go, the slower time passes, the object that You are moving RELATIVE TO is left behind in time and feels the effects of aging. here is my question: if you are moving relitive to the object, isn't it moving relitive to you, so therefor, shouldn't the effects of aging on you RELATIVE to the object be the same as the object to you. that is saying:
    :
    : if you are aging less becuase you are moving faster than an object, then isn't the object moving relitive to you, and therefor, does it exprience time dilation as well as you, even though you are the one actually moving?

I don't pretend to understand all of this, but I do believe time dilation is an effect you experience as your velocity approaches that of light, not because you're moving relative to someone/thing else. The speed of light is constant no matter what your velocity is relative to something else.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• OK, thanks, that explains it. but i am still a bit confused on the matter. eh, doesn't matter, i will just forget about it.