database problems

hey all, what i am trying to do is connect a simple database from VB to access. i have the access part done and it converted to 97 format too.
i have the database in VB called 'timer' which is connected to the access database and then i have the code under the command button so that when i go to the next page the access will be automaticaly updated. there is a timer function on the page which displayes the time in a label. this time is then saved.
the code that i am using is 'timer.recordset.update' or else i try 'timer.recordset.update'. but everytime that i do this there is an error message. dont know what to do, any help please would be great.
thanks,
mcqueen

Comments

• : hey all, what i am trying to do is connect a simple database from VB to access. i have the access part done and it converted to 97 format too.
    : i have the database in VB called 'timer' which is connected to the access database and then i have the code under the command button so that when i go to the next page the access will be automaticaly updated. there is a timer function on the page which displayes the time in a label. this time is then saved.
    : the code that i am using is 'timer.recordset.update' or else i try 'timer.recordset.update'. but everytime that i do this there is an error message. dont know what to do, any help please would be great

dude, what's the error message? What does your code look like?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• sorry, the line of code that i am using is 'timer.Recordset.AddNew'. timer is the name of the dataset. the errors are follows, if i am using the line 'timer.Recordset.AddNew' then it is a runtime error 3426 and it also sais the 'action was cancelled by an associated object'.
    and if i use the line 'timer.Recordset.update' then the error message is 3020 and the message is 'update or cancelupdate without addnew or edit.

if there are any ideas, this is a real simple programme i know, but i am not strictly a computer student.
    thanks in advance for any help.
    mcqueen