Plugins

How does one create a plugin both for Internet Explorer and Netscape using Viusal Basic? Is it possible? The seems to be no information on the internet.

Comments

• : How does one create a plugin both for Internet Explorer and Netscape using Viusal Basic? Is it possible? The seems to be no information on the internet.
    :
    No idea whether it's possible with VB. You can find info about writing plug-ins for Mozilla/Netscape here:-
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/plugins/

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : : How does one create a plugin both for Internet Explorer and Netscape using Viusal Basic? Is it possible? The seems to be no information on the internet.
    : :
    : No idea whether it's possible with VB. You can find info about writing plug-ins for Mozilla/Netscape here:-
    : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/plugins/
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :

I would agree. I think you need C or another language which can Export it's functions outside of COM (correct me if I'm wrong!).
    I know of a way to write control panel add-ons, but it requires some message handling functions and callback routines, so it can't be done in VB!

Greets...
    Richard

• : : : How does one create a plugin both for Internet Explorer and Netscape using Viusal Basic? Is it possible? The seems to be no information on the internet.
    : : :
    : : No idea whether it's possible with VB. You can find info about writing plug-ins for Mozilla/Netscape here:-
    : : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/plugins/
    : : Jonathan
    : : ###
    : : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    : I would agree. I think you need C or another language which can Export it's functions outside of COM (correct me if I'm wrong!).
    : I know of a way to write control panel add-ons, but it requires some message handling functions and callback routines, so it can't be done in VB!
    :
    : Greets...
    : Richard
    :
    :

Well I learned that plugins were disabled from IE 6.0 and 5.5 (via service packs) due to Microsoft being sued. This would be why there seems to be a lack of documentation at Microsoft.

I guess there is some registry hack that allows you to re-enable plugin support.
  • : I would agree. I think you need C or another language which can Export
    : it's functions outside of COM (correct me if I'm wrong!).
    Yes, that was why I was thinking it was most likely not possible.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• Actually it is quite possible to make standard dynamic link libraries in visual basic it just requires a little help an old friend of mine used to have something for it.

For the most part yes you'd need another language like C/++ for making these or even Object Pascal much simpler then c :)