SendKeys Ctrl+Alt+Delete

I am currently developing a range of utilties for use at work as a system manager of a school network. One thing I need to do is send ctrl+alt+delete to a remote machine.

As I already have a client console application to run on all clients I need to embed it into that. I wrote it in VB6. I have tried SendKeys but there doesn't seem to be a way to send ctrl+alt+delete.

Has anyone get any idea's - I've been looking into this problem for quite some time.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• : I am currently developing a range of utilties for use at work as a system manager of a school network. One thing I need to do is send ctrl+alt+delete to a remote machine.
    :
    : As I already have a client console application to run on all clients I need to embed it into that. I wrote it in VB6. I have tried SendKeys but there doesn't seem to be a way to send ctrl+alt+delete.
    :
    : Has anyone get any idea's - I've been looking into this problem for quite some time.
    :
    : Thank you in advance.
    :

keybd_event()
    look it up on msdn.microsoft.com
    you can get it and the constants from the API viewer
  • : I am currently developing a range of utilties for use at work as a system manager of a school network. One thing I need to do is send ctrl+alt+delete to a remote machine.
    :
    : As I already have a client console application to run on all clients I need to embed it into that. I wrote it in VB6. I have tried SendKeys but there doesn't seem to be a way to send ctrl+alt+delete.
    :
    : Has anyone get any idea's - I've been looking into this problem for quite some time.
    :
    :
    ====== Use Shortcuts=====
    if u can open remote files than create a shortcut for: Shutdown for example.
    Shutdown.exe -s
    this will shutdown the pc very fast
    once created, than open that shortcut and done!
    if u need more info about this open the command prompt and write "shutdown.exe ?"
    and replace "-s" with the other options.

:
    :
    :
    :
    ====== Use Shortcuts=====
    if u can open remote files than create a shortcut for: Shutdown for example.
    Shutdown.exe -s
    this will shutdown the pc very fast
    once created, than open that shortcut and done!
    if u need more info about this open the command prompt and write "shutdown.exe ?"
    and replace "-s" with the other options.

• [b][red]This message was edited by Sachin Bhatt at 2005-2-14 23:18:20[/red][/b][hr]
    You cannot pass Ctrl+Alt+Del using any programming language.

Ctrl+Alt+Del is a system level interrupt and only the Operating System (Windows) can access it.

[blue][b]Sachin Bhatt[/b][/blue]
    [blue][b]JSK Infotech[/b][/blue]
    [blue][b]www.jsk-infotech.com[/b][/blue]

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Sachin Bhatt at 2005-2-14 23:18:20[/red][/b][hr]
    : You cannot pass Ctrl+Alt+Del using any programming language.
    :
    : Ctrl+Alt+Del is a system level interrupt and only the Operating System (Windows) can access it.
    :
    : [blue][b]Sachin Bhatt[/b][/blue]
    : [blue][b]JSK Infotech[/b][/blue]
    : [blue][b]www.jsk-infotech.com[/b][/blue]
    :
    :
    :
    With pcAnywhere or novell's console one, there is a button to send ctrl+alt+del to a remotely controled machine, so there is a way to tap into the o/s to do it.