Opening new window

I've tried to open a pop-up from an ASP.NET-page with Javascript. This is that part of the code

Dim popupScript As String = "" & "window.open('popup.aspx', 'CustomPopUp', 'width=600, height=400, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes')" & ""

Page.RegisterStartupScript("PopupScript", popupScript)

But when I try to run this I get a compilation error that says :

Compiler Error Message: BC30648: String constants must end with a double quote.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong...

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by mangesh004 at 2004-9-1 3:28:20[/red][/b][hr]
    instead of using Page.RegisterStartupScript("PopupScript", popupScript)

try out response.write(popupscript)

here is the sample code

Dim strScript As String = ""
    strScript = ""
    strScript = strScript & "alert('Simple alter message!!!!');"
    strScript = strScript & ""
    Response.Write(strScript)

this opens a alert

otherwise if you want to open a popup window on button click you can add attribute to that button, this can be done in a following way

cmdReports.Attributes.Add("onclick", "window.showModalDialog('popupwindow.aspx', 'mangesh','status:no;dialogWidth:260px;dialogHeight:220px;dialogHide:true;help:no;scroll:no');")

this code you have to write in the page load event

-Mangesh

• : I've tried to open a pop-up from an ASP.NET-page with Javascript. This is that part of the code
    :
    : Dim popupScript As String = "" & "window.open('popup.aspx', 'CustomPopUp', 'width=600, height=400, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes')" & ""
    :
    : Page.RegisterStartupScript("PopupScript", popupScript)
    :
    : But when I try to run this I get a compilation error that says :
    :
    : Compiler Error Message: BC30648: String constants must end with a double quote.
    :
    : Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong...
    :
    :
    :
    :

Break up your assignmnet string to couple of different string name avaoid long assigmnet