Xotor: need help with registry

i understood what you and the other dude said about the registry, but i dont get the class id thing. how do i give my program a class id, or is it given one automatically, if auto then how do i find it.

also, if it wont take too long to explain, how do i do it all through code?

Comments

• To put an entry in the registry use:

void SetRegistryKey(string pointer)

void SetRegistryKey(ID)

Check VC++ help for a better description.

As for the Class ID, think of them like IP addresses for apps. Windows looks up the extension in the registry, then follows links to application information. The Class IDs are where Windows stores a basic command line. Check out "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID" in regedit. All these wonderful bracketed alphanumeric strings are Class IDs. Every program you create with VC++ has one built in the header. Check it out. Hope this helps.

: i understood what you and the other dude said about the registry, but i dont get the class id thing. how do i give my program a class id, or is it given one automatically, if auto then how do i find it.

:

: also, if it wont take too long to explain, how do i do it all through code?

: