How to Hook the Messages of a foreign Window??

How to Hook the Messages of a foreign Window? I mean Windows like AOL or Notepad! Also, how to hook (or better how to subclass) them?

cu

Guti

EMail: guti@guti.de

AIM: GutiRoxXx

Comments

• Hello Guti, bad news... Cant be done unless you create a system wide hook and put it in a DLL, and even with that its not trivial. This

here

Is a hook on windows Start button I wrote sometime ago, feel free to check the source and see how is it done. Remember, the Start button is no different from any other window.

Dont forget to copy the dll into your path if you wish to run this.

: How to Hook the Messages of a foreign Window? I mean Windows like AOL or Notepad! Also, how to hook (or better how to subclass) them?

: cu

: Guti

: EMail: guti@guti.de

: AIM: GutiRoxXx

: ICQ: 14390668

:

:

:

• try this

So what if the subject is too short?

: Hello Guti, bad news... Cant be done unless you create a system wide hook and put it in a DLL, and even with that its not trivial. This

: here

: Is a hook on windows Start button I wrote sometime ago, feel free to check the source and see how is it done. Remember, the Start button is no different from any other window.

:

: Dont forget to copy the dll into your path if you wish to run this.

:

: : How to Hook the Messages of a foreign Window? I mean Windows like AOL or Notepad! Also, how to hook (or better how to subclass) them?

: : cu

: : Guti

: : EMail: guti@guti.de

: : AIM: GutiRoxXx

: : ICQ: 14390668

: :

:

:

: