Databases in Pascal

Does anyone know is it possible to acces databases from pascal?

Comments

• : Does anyone know is it possible to acces databases from pascal?
    :
    :
    The simple answer is: yes.
    In fact you can access nearly any file you want with Pascal, as long as you know the format, in which that file is stored. In cases of daabase, you need to know how each record and index is stored within the file. Look in the documentation of the database you want to access for more info on this. Or perhaps you might find it (or Pascal code) on the internet.
  • Can I use SQL?

• : Can I use SQL?
    :
    :
    :
    I see no reason why not, but most pascals I've seen didn't have any native SQL support. This means that you either have to find the code to parse SQL on the internet or write it yourself.
  • : : Can I use SQL?
    : :
    : I see no reason why not, but most pascals I've seen didn't have any native SQL support. This means that you either have to find the code to parse SQL on the internet or write it yourself.
    :
    I think Free Pascal has sql support.

• [b][red]This message was edited by vjekoman at 2004-8-2 12:14:4[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Can I use SQL?
    : : :
    : : I see no reason why not, but most pascals I've seen didn't have any native SQL support. This means that you either have to find the code to parse SQL on the internet or write it yourself.
    : I think Free Pascal has sql support.
    :
    :
    OK, thank you all, I'll try something.