Monitoring registry

How can you monitor the registry changes but not using RegNotifyChangeKeyValue cuz by using this API function you can find out only when a registry is modified but not what key is modified and how is modified(renaming create delete etc).
10x

Comments

• : How can you monitor the registry changes but not using RegNotifyChangeKeyValue cuz by using this API function you can find out only when a registry is modified but not what key is modified and how is modified(renaming create delete etc).
    : 10x
    :
    The on;y way I can come up with is to make a copy of the complete registry structure into the memory of your program. Then you can simply determine the changes by comparing the registry with that copy. This is a simple yet brutal method, but it will show you which values are modified, deleted and created. You will see renamed as a combination of deletion (of the old name) and creation (of the new name).
    Perhaps there are some registry notification functions in windows, but they are not known by me.
  • : : How can you monitor the registry changes but not using RegNotifyChangeKeyValue cuz by using this API function you can find out only when a registry is modified but not what key is modified and how is modified(renaming create delete etc).
    : : 10x
    : :
    : The on;y way I can come up with is to make a copy of the complete registry structure into the memory of your program. Then you can simply determine the changes by comparing the registry with that copy. This is a simple yet brutal method, but it will show you which values are modified, deleted and created. You will see renamed as a combination of deletion (of the old name) and creation (of the new name).
    : Perhaps there are some registry notification functions in windows, but they are not known by me.
    :

There is an application called Regmon which uses a tehniq called system call hook which notice you when keys are modified and what key and which way they were modified.But i don't know how this tehniq works it's something about windows kernel modifieng some things or something like that.
  • : : : How can you monitor the registry changes but not using RegNotifyChangeKeyValue cuz by using this API function you can find out only when a registry is modified but not what key is modified and how is modified(renaming create delete etc).
    : : : 10x
    : : :
    : : The on;y way I can come up with is to make a copy of the complete registry structure into the memory of your program. Then you can simply determine the changes by comparing the registry with that copy. This is a simple yet brutal method, but it will show you which values are modified, deleted and created. You will see renamed as a combination of deletion (of the old name) and creation (of the new name).
    : : Perhaps there are some registry notification functions in windows, but they are not known by me.
    : :
    :
    : There is an application called Regmon which uses a tehniq called system call hook which notice you when keys are modified and what key and which way they were modified.But i don't know how this tehniq works it's something about windows kernel modifieng some things or something like that.
    :
    A windows system hook is nothing more than a user defined function, which is hooked (hence its name) into one of the windows "subsystems". Each time a certain event happens that function is called. An example, which is simple to visualize, is the keyboard hook. This allows a program to watch the keyboard keys, even if that program doesn't have the focus. I hope this explains a little what system hooks are.
    As for your particular hook, I would suggest that you visit the online microsoft knowedge-base (http://msdn.microsoft.com) and look into registry hooks.