Set Wallpaper

In all the examples i have come across they use SystemParameterInfo() to set the wallpaper
but apparently that just doesnt work on my OS (Win M.E.)

i know how to set it in the registry but i just need a way to update it. anyone one know how?

Comments

• I could be wrong but i think if you change the registry mid run on a computer you need to restart the computer to have the effects take place... i dont know how to do that in c++ but i think that is more the direction you should go in.

[Size=5][blue]J[/blue][/size][size=3][red]eripedo[/red][/size]
    [code]If Userclue > 0 then
    msgbox("Woohoo that Makes one")
    end if[/code]
    So... How long do you think you'll be waiting?

• : In all the examples i have come across they use SystemParameterInfo() to set the wallpaper
    : but apparently that just doesnt work on my OS (Win M.E.)
    :
    : i know how to set it in the registry but i just need a way to update it. anyone one know how?
    :

Do you have Active Desktop enabled? The above method won't work in that situation. But I don't have WinME, so maybe even with Active Desktop disabled it still won't work on that platform (but I'd be surprised).

Anyway, a really good example was posted a couple months ago...it worked with or without Active Desktop being enabled. If you use the search function of the board, I'm sure you'll find it.