Digital Artist Management is looking for a DESIGNER for a High Profile Studio on the West Coast.
A leading video game developer in the Pacific Northwest is searching for top notch artists, designers, producers, and programmers to contribute in the development of high quality, hand-drawn, interactive childrens software for the PC. Founded in 1992, their products encourage kids to explore, discover, learn, and have fun while creating endearing characters, engaging storylines, and hugely popular franchises. As a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the industrys leading publisher/developers, this studio enjoys numerous advantages in providing a stable working environment coupled with excellent benefits including highly competitive salaries, 20% annual bonuses, full health and dental benefits (including a 401K matching plan), and relocation assistance if necessary.
Genre: Sports (PC/Console)
Location: Pacific Northwest
* Responsible for designing and developing project story lines, including writing proposals, treatments, story boards and flow-charts.
* Responsible for creating feature set & making game design decisions in collaboration with the leads and producer.
* Share the creative vision of the game in collaboration with the leads and producer.
* Creation, maintenance & implementation of the game design document.
* Oversee development of prototype, if necessary.
* Communicates idea with various product development personnel to solicit feedback and ensure support during design phase.
* Responsible for designing all the game play mechanics within a project.
* Collaborate with Lead Programmer and Lead Artist to ensure game play design is feasible.
* Work with teams to define the creative vision and fun factor.
* Provide input on product content, budget and schedule.
* Constantly review game play to assure consistency of overall game vision.
* Share editorial responsibility and final approval of script with the leads; could also include writing of script.
* Provide input for musical direction, selection of musician and final music approvals
* Work in partnership with game leads to ensure cohesive vision for entire product.
* Oversees and coordinates play balancing and appropriate level difficulty of the game.
* May be called upon to champion the product as necessary for press tours, internal demos, trade show demos, and more.
* Responsible for tracking, maintaining, and coordinating all game design features.
* Knowledge of Genre of the product, Competition in Genre, Technology for the Genre and Platform differences.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in the process of game production.
* Previous experience as a game designer in at least three games that shipped.
* Proven track record of strong organizational and excellent communication skills (including interpersonal, writing and editing) with the ability to multitask, prioritize efficiently and meet deadlines.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS POSITION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Digital Artist Management, Inc.
898 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 175
El Segundo, CA 90245