Embedding Video Image in Borland Builder

Hi Guys,

I'd like to incororate a real time video image on a GUI.How do i do it in Builder?I haven't any specific camera or anything right now but i need to show a video transmission from a mobile robot on a GUI.Is it possible?I'm new to using Builder.

Also can anyone tell me somethin useful about creating animations on the GUI too? In particular,something a cross eye-piece that will move on the screen according to the real time movement of the robot.Assume that i have some physical connection to the robot which will tell the
robot's movement.How do i replicate the movement of the robot as an animation/moving cross eye-piece on the GUI?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bondfire

Comments

• Not sure which version of C++ Builder you're using but this should work for all of them (afaik anyway).

1)Create a new project, save it and click the animate icon from the Win32 page of the component palette.
    2)Set its name to video1 (or something logical) using the object inspector.
    3)Select its FileName property by clicking on the ellipsis button and choose the file you want to load from whatever directory. Then click Open in the Open AVI dialog. This loads the file into memory.
    4)Position the animation control box somewhere on the form. You're supposed to put it top right but it doesn't really matter where you put it.
    5)Set its repititions property to 5.
    6)Set its name and caption.
    7)Double-click the forms OnActivate event and write the following code to run the clip at runtime:
    ------------------------------------------
    video1->Active = true;
    8)Click the label icon on the standard page of the component palette, select its caption property and name it something logical. You can toggle with the font here too by using the font property.
    9)Click the animation control to bring focus back to it. Click its OnStop event and write the following code to close the form when the AVI file stops:
    VideoForm1->Close();
    VideoForm1 here refers to the name property in step 8.
    10)Select Run|Run to execute the animated logo window.

That answers the first question you had (I hope). I don't know how to incorporate sound into that and I also don't know anything about your second problem. Hope this helps though.

• : Not sure which version of C++ Builder you're using but this should work for all of them (afaik anyway).
    :
    : 1)Create a new project, save it and click the animate icon from the Win32 page of the component palette.
    : 2)Set its name to video1 (or something logical) using the object inspector.
    : 3)Select its FileName property by clicking on the ellipsis button and choose the file you want to load from whatever directory. Then click Open in the Open AVI dialog. This loads the file into memory.
    : 4)Position the animation control box somewhere on the form. You're supposed to put it top right but it doesn't really matter where you put it.
    : 5)Set its repititions property to 5.
    : 6)Set its name and caption.
    : 7)Double-click the forms OnActivate event and write the following code to run the clip at runtime:
    : ------------------------------------------
    : video1->Active = true;
    : 8)Click the label icon on the standard page of the component palette, select its caption property and name it something logical. You can toggle with the font here too by using the font property.
    : 9)Click the animation control to bring focus back to it. Click its OnStop event and write the following code to close the form when the AVI file stops:
    : VideoForm1->Close();
    : VideoForm1 here refers to the name property in step 8.
    : 10)Select Run|Run to execute the animated logo window.
    :
    : That answers the first question you had (I hope). I don't know how to incorporate sound into that and I also don't know anything about your second problem. Hope this helps though.
    :
    :
    :

Hi ,

Following the steps above will enable one to display a file thats already stored on the hard drive. In my case i want to get the image from an ongoing operational digital camera and then display it.So its not going to be a file/directory/folder that i specify in step 3 but rather something like a conenction to the camera

In step 3, we have to specify the path and location where the file is stored. Is there a way in which we can specify that we want the file from a digital camera instead of specifying the directory where the file is? Coz in this case,the file is going to come from the camera itself...so whatever the camera captures, the image will be displayed on the GUI...any idea on that?.

I tried this out....the camera is going to be shown as a removable drive in My Computer.So in step 3, i have specified E:Removable Drive/Clip1.avi as the file i want to play...so this way whatever the image is, i can display it real time but the problem is i get an error "registered device is not MCI type" something like that.

Any idea on that?

Thxs

• http://www.progdigy.com

dspack

video capture component and example which pulls in live video from a ucb camera capture or capture card so you can see it move.

you can also pull the image into a bitmap and analyse the image and have your bot make moves depending on what it sees.

it is normally for bcb6 though if u search the board there is a ver for bcb5