Saving and integers to a file

[b][red]This message was edited by TechZimmy at 2004-6-30 17:17:31[/red][/b][hr]
I need to make a program that saves its position on the screen to a file so when you load it again it will be in the same place that it was last time. I also need to save some text in the file. So far for the saving part I have this:
[CODE]
Open "C:Position.dat" For Output As #1
Write #1, txtName.Text
Write #1, Val(form1.Left)
Write #1, Val(Form1.Top)
Close #1
[/CODE]
And for the loading part I have this (FLeft and FTop are declared as integers, FName is a string):
[CODE]
Open "C:Position.dat" For Input As #1
Input #1, FName
Input #1, FLeft
Input #1, FTop
Close #1
txtName.Text = FName
Me.Left = FLeft
Me.Top = FTop
[/CODE]
It never works. Is it possible to save a number to a file and get it back as a number?

Adam

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by TechZimmy at 2004-6-30 17:17:31[/red][/b][hr]
    : I need to make a program that saves its position on the screen to a file so when you load it again it will be in the same place that it was last time. I also need to save some text in the file. So far for the saving part I have this:
    : [CODE]
    : Open "C:Position.dat" For Output As #1
    : Write #1, txtName.Text
    : Write #1, Val(form1.Left)
    : Write #1, Val(Form1.Top)
    : Close #1
    : [/CODE]
    : And for the loading part I have this (FLeft and FTop are declared as integers, FName is a string):
    : [CODE]
    : Open "C:Position.dat" For Input As #1
    : Input #1, FName
    : Input #1, FLeft
    : Input #1, FTop
    : Close #1
    : txtName.Text = FName
    : Me.Left = FLeft
    : Me.Top = FTop
    : [/CODE]
    : It never works. Is it possible to save a number to a file and get it back as a number?
    :
    : Adam
    :
    :
    :

I figured it out! The form had not yet shown when the variables were loaded.
    Adam