wav sample rate conversion utility

I'm trying to find a utility (either code for Visual Basic 6.0 or a DOS command line app) that will convert a CCITT u-Law 8000Hz 8bit mono wave file into a PCM 44.1kHz wave file (for recording to a CD).

Frustrated,

Jeff

Comments

• : I'm trying to find a utility (either code for Visual Basic 6.0 or a DOS command line app) that will convert a CCITT u-Law 8000Hz 8bit mono wave file into a PCM 44.1kHz wave file (for recording to a CD).

:

: Frustrated,

:

: Jeff

:

Jeff,

I don't know of such a utility, but it shouldn't be difficult to write one if you're familiar with the WIN32 Audio Compression Manager (ACM) APIs. If you're so inclined, check out the ACM documentation in the WIN32 Platform SDK (in the Multimedia section); there are only a handful of functions. If you have the right codecs on your system, Windows will do most of the heavy lifting.

I haven't tried this particular conversion before, but be aware that it may require a two-step process in your program: (1) mu-law to 8 KHz PCM, and (2) 8 KHz PCM to 44.1 KHz PCM.

Good luck!