connect two computers

[b][red]This message was edited by Redferrine at 2004-6-9 22:26:7[/red][/b][hr]
Hi,

I have 2 workstations and i wanted to connect them both. I wanted the other one to contain Oracle Database and the other for VB programming. I do not know networking... What are the things that i must have to connect this two?

I am considering buying a hub and twisted wire pair cable. Both of my workstations have LAN Card in it.

How do i start?

Thanks!
Red

Will a crossover cable work for database accessing? If not, will the Ethernet Unmanaged which is not the 10/100mps work?

Thanks again..

Comments

• Just found out that UTP cat 5 can transfer 10/100mps data transfer where our office uses the same 10/100mps using hubs, modems and other expensive gadgets... UTP cat 5 can do the same and is cheaper, thanks to people from ADO Programming messageboard!!! Did post also here for info in UTP cat 5. Hope this info helps.

: [b][red]This message was edited by Redferrine at 2004-6-9 22:26:7[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have 2 workstations and i wanted to connect them both. I wanted the other one to contain Oracle Database and the other for VB programming. I do not know networking... What are the things that i must have to connect this two?
    :
    : I am considering buying a hub and twisted wire pair cable. Both of my workstations have LAN Card in it.
    :
    : How do i start?
    :
    : Thanks!
    : Red
    :
    : Will a crossover cable work for database accessing? If not, will the Ethernet Unmanaged which is not the 10/100mps work?
    :
    : Thanks again..
    :
    :
    :