Banking System

Ok, so I'm new to Pascal and I have a program due in the morning _..I have been trying all day and still can't do it. Bassically, I have to make a program that can search through a pre-made file (RECORD obviously)
and display the info, plus make changes to it.

Comments

• : Ok, so I'm new to Pascal and I have a program due in the morning _..I have been trying all day and still can't do it. Bassically, I have to make a program that can search through a pre-made file (RECORD obviously)
    : and display the info, plus make changes to it.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    The program is supposed to be a simple banking system, displays name, balance and such and then make a change to the payment. Now, my code is completely screwed up. I don't need anyone to make the program from me I just need help overcoming this small obstacle. When it asks me to type in a name, I press enter (or enter any name) and it displays the first person on the record and no others....whoevers name I type. This is very annoying and I have no idea what is wrong. It would be so appreciated. Here's my code,it shouldn't be that hard for an expert to do it.

TYPE
    st_rec = RECORD
    name : STRING[30];
    unpaid_balance, total : real;
    END;
    VAR
    customer : st_rec;
    classf : FILE OF st_rec;
    loop : CHAR;
    x : integer;

Procedure Welcome;
    Begin
    Writeln('Welcome, hit enter to begin.');
    Readln;
    end;

Procedure Enter_info;
    Begin
    ASSIGN(classf,'C:Documents and SettingsJosephC:Documents and SettingsJosephDesktopATMdetails.dat');{ Give file a (DOS) name on disk}
    RESET(classf);
    Begin
    read(classf,customer);
    Begin
    writeln;
    writeln(Customer.name);
    writeln(Customer.unpaid_balance);
    writeln(Customer.total);
    readln;
    end;
    close(classf);
    end;

Begin

Welcome;
    Enter_info;

end.

• : : Ok, so I'm new to Pascal and I have a program due in the morning _..I have been trying all day and still can't do it. Bassically, I have to make a program that can search through a pre-made file (RECORD obviously)
    : : and display the info, plus make changes to it.
    : :
    : The program is supposed to be a simple banking system, displays name, balance and such and then make a change to the payment. Now, my code is completely screwed up. I don't need anyone to make the program from me I just need help overcoming this small obstacle. When it asks me to type in a name, I press enter (or enter any name) and it displays the first person on the record and no others....whoevers name I type. This is very annoying and I have no idea what is wrong. It would be so appreciated. Here's my code,it shouldn't be that hard for an expert to do it.
    :
    : TYPE
    : st_rec = RECORD
    : name : STRING[30];
    : unpaid_balance, total : real;
    : END;
    : VAR
    : customer : st_rec;
    : classf : FILE OF st_rec;
    : loop : CHAR;
    : x : integer;
    :
    : Procedure Welcome;
    : Begin
    : Writeln('Welcome, hit enter to begin.');
    : Readln;
    : end;
    :
    : Procedure Enter_info;
    : Begin[red]1[/red]
    : ASSIGN(classf,'C:Documents and SettingsJosephC:Documents and SettingsJosephDesktopATMdetails.dat');{ Give file a (DOS) name on disk}
    : RESET(classf);
    : Begin[red]2[/red]
    : read(classf,customer);
    : Begin[red]3[/red]
    : writeln;
    : writeln(Customer.name);
    : writeln(Customer.unpaid_balance);
    : writeln(Customer.total);
    : readln;
    : end;[red]3[/red]
    : close(classf);
    : end;[red]2[/red]
    :
    : Begin
    :
    : Welcome;
    : Enter_info;
    :
    : end.
    :
    :
    First of all, you never ask the user the name to search for.
    Secondly, the begin-end pairings in the procedure are wrong. I've indicated which end matches which begin in red numbers above.
    Finally, you read only 1 record and then close the file. Here is part of the code to scan a file for a certain record:
    [code]
    CustomerFound := false; { assume customer is not found }
    while not eof(classf) do
    begin
    read(classf, customer);
    if [red]{check for found condition}[/red] then
    begin
    CustomerFound := true; { Customer is found }
    Break; { stop reading the file }
    end;
    end;
    [/code]
    The red part needs to be designed by you, as is the variable declaration, and the output.