programming question, please help

hi

i'm newbie in programing just starting lerning pascal in FPC, however I have a question about game programming:

do I need whole compiler with IDE to use engines like irrliht or other libs like SDL;Allegro or I need just a editor like(crimson, context and others) to programme something with libs/engines save it whole project as a file like cpp,pas and test it from this editor how its work without compile to exe

I hope you understand what Ive wrote because my english its not perfect yet,
one more could you suggest me some good multi platform programer's editors/ide's [freeware/shereware/commercial]for pascal and other language's, thanks

Comments

• : hi
    :
    : i'm newbie in programing just starting lerning pascal in FPC, however I have a question about game programming:
    :
    : do I need whole compiler with IDE to use engines like irrliht or other libs like SDL;Allegro or I need just a editor like(crimson, context and others) to programme something with libs/engines save it whole project as a file like cpp,pas and test it from this editor how its work without compile to exe
    :
    : I hope you understand what Ive wrote because my english its not perfect yet,
    : one more could you suggest me some good multi platform programer's editors/ide's [freeware/shereware/commercial]for pascal and other language's, thanks
    :
    Some compilers allow you can test your programs, without actually making an exe file, but they will always create an exe in the computer's RAM memory.
    For an interpreted Pascal you don't need a compiler, but I haven't heard of one. For all other versions of Pascal you at least need the compiler. You don't need to have a whole IDE, because that also encompasses an editor and debugger, but I would recommend it, because it greatly speeds up your debugging process. I speak from experience.
    I don't know those engines, but most rely on compiled code to do their work, because that is always faster than interpreted code.