displaying bitmap

I need to display the captured webcam images in the form of bitmap format on screen..

i understand that for windows XP, we can make use of handlers to display the images, allowing me to disconcern myself with drivers and such. however, i dont quite understand that bit.

can someone kindly give me some idea as to how it all goes?? THANKS A MILLION!!!

Comments

• : I need to display the captured webcam images in the form of bitmap format on screen..
    :
    : i understand that for windows XP, we can make use of handlers to display the images, allowing me to disconcern myself with drivers and such. however, i dont quite understand that bit.
    :
    : can someone kindly give me some idea as to how it all goes?? THANKS A MILLION!!!
    :
    :
    If the webcam has a capture driver installed you can use DirectShow to get the video image.
    If you give me the name of the video capture device for your webcam I can send you the sourcecode for a program in which you can see the video image and make screenshots.
  • thanx for offering!

ok, the only detail i can get are the following:

- the multicam i am using is a Sony Panorama Image Creation SDK EVIS-D30PME.

- the card installed is euraCard component

please give me some advise!!

: : I need to display the captured webcam images in the form of bitmap format on screen..
    : :
    : : i understand that for windows XP, we can make use of handlers to display the images, allowing me to disconcern myself with drivers and such. however, i dont quite understand that bit.
    : : can someone kindly give me some idea as to how it all goes?? THANKS A MILLION!!!
    : If the webcam has a capture driver installed you can use DirectShow to get the video image.
    : If you give me the name of the video capture device for your webcam I can send you the sourcecode for a program in which you can see the video image and make screenshots.
    :

• It only works with DirectShow with a capture device driver. I need to know if you have one. I hope I can describe you where you can find the information because I am using Windows ME in German language. So maybe the names of the windows I mention aren't correct. Keep that in mind.
    First open "System control", then "Sounds and Multimedia". A window will open with four tab sheets. The last is called "Devices" or something similar. Click on it and a list will appear. Expand the entry "Video recording devices" and post its contents here please. Perhaps you have luck.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by louiseneo at 2004-6-5 3:22:46[/red][/b][hr]
    I don't know if I get the correct item, but here it is:
    WDM Video For Windows Capture Driver (Win32)

thats all thats shown..

anyway, I'd like to enquire the following - I managed to get some code from the following website:
    http://codeguru.com/Cpp/G-M/multimedia/video/article.php/c4723/

as im totally new to this area (as u can already guess) everything seems so alien to me. reading up is an absolute, but to understand and deploy everything within a couple of days, i guess is really out of question even for an experienced programmer.. but i ve got a deadline to meet, and i need some advise!!

when i compile the code given, i have to have my webcam ready and plugged in rite? do i still have to write an imterface to it and stuff like tt? how cmoe i compiled and i got many errors?

eg:
    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual__thiscall CVFWCapture::~CVFWCapture(void)" (??1CVFWCapture@@UAE@XZ)

...kindly advise.. :(

thnx!

: It only works with DirectShow with a capture device driver. I need to know if you have one. I hope I can describe you where you can find the information because I am using Windows ME in German language. So maybe the names of the windows I mention aren't correct. Keep that in mind.
    : First open "System control", then "Sounds and Multimedia". A window will open with four tab sheets. The last is called "Devices" or something similar. Click on it and a list will appear. Expand the entry "Video recording devices" and post its contents here please. Perhaps you have luck.
    :