How do i start programming for games

Hi there everyone where do i start to do games proggramming i use visual basic 6 can i do it in there please help
from
mark
AGE 15

Comments

• : Hi there everyone where do i start to do games proggramming i use visual basic 6 can i do it in there please help
    : from
    : mark
    : AGE 15
    :

Of course you can do that, although Visual Basic is slow for games. But for 2D-games it will do. I suggest that you first read a book about DirectX.
    But I would rather use Visual C++ and CDXlib (www.cdxlib.com). This is a toolkit which makes DirectX easier to use. But it's only for VC++.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by GeorgeZ at 2004-6-19 10:3:32[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi there everyone where do i start to do games proggramming i use visual basic 6 can i do it in there please help

Yeah Mark for a better foundation in game making.look into C/C++ and DirectX. MSVC++ is good, but remember don't get caught up in Microsoft. learn C/C++ not Microsoft VC++. Buy game programming books that let you learn quick and then get into the details. and there will be a lot of them!
    in the mean time check this demo out: www.imagethis.org

• : Hi there everyone where do i start to do games proggramming i use visual basic 6 can i do it in there please help
    : from
    : mark
    : AGE 15
    :

I agree, get away from VC and get into C++, it's easy! get a good compiler like dev blood shed (Use google to search it) or Visual Studio.Net AKA VS 7. Then buy a book or go on the internet and learn the basics of C++. This will allow you to program powerful games with in windows, and aplying DIRECT X9 is a lot easy that way.