Why can't I use BC++ Builder 6.0 with DirectX 9.0?

Can someone tell me what I need to do in order to get my BC++ Builder 6.0 to work with DirectX 9.0 (or 8.0) SDK? When I try to compile any program that uses DirectX (even Microsoft's examples) I get several errors. Fistly, the compiler says it doesn't know what a sqrtl or sinhl functions are (there aren't such functions in standard libraries). Secondly, even if I change sqrtl() calls to sqrt(), there is an error with .LIB files. My compiler states that they are incorrect (i.e. they contain some errors!). Are there some Borland specific libraries (like in DirectX 7.0)?

Comments

• : Can someone tell me what I need to do in order to get my BC++ Builder 6.0 to work with DirectX 9.0 (or 8.0) SDK? When I try to compile any program that uses DirectX (even Microsoft's examples) I get several errors. Fistly, the compiler says it doesn't know what a sqrtl or sinhl functions are (there aren't such functions in standard libraries). Secondly, even if I change sqrtl() calls to sqrt(), there is an error with .LIB files. My compiler states that they are incorrect (i.e. they contain some errors!). Are there some Borland specific libraries (like in DirectX 7.0)?
    :

I have the same problem. I see only one way for DX modules of aplication use Microsoft compiler. For DX9 u need at least Microsoft Visual studio 6. I have tried to find some information on Borland site, but they say nothing about that problem