Linking a list

[b][red]This message was edited by Gary_C at 2004-4-30 12:0:35[/red][/b][hr]
I have created a drop down list containing dates using Format(Now), i=1 to 7 so that it displays the current date and the next 7 days.

I want to link this list to two text boxs so that when a date is selected a movie title and rating will appear in these text boxes. For example, whenever moday is selected i want shrek and pg to appear in text boxes respectivly.

I have heard i may need to use a database to do this but i have no idea how to go about it.

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Gary_C at 2004-4-30 12:0:35[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have created a drop down list containing dates using Format(Now), i=1 to 7 so that it displays the current date and the next 7 days.
    :
    : I want to link this list to two text boxs so that when a date is selected a movie title and rating will appear in these text boxes. For example, whenever moday is selected i want shrek and pg to appear in text boxes respectivly.
    :
    : I have heard i may need to use a database to do this but i have no idea how to go about it.
    :
    : Any help would be much appreciated
    :

If you have a lot of data, then you'll probably want one of those %#^&%^ databases, otherwise, I'd just use an array of UDTs but you'd still need a source of data such as a file. If you want to go with a db, I can't help you. If you want an ordinary file and array, I'll post some code.
  • An array would be fine, the key data is just the movies i am trying to link to the list. Although i would also like to then associate data which each movie, e.g. rating, duration etc, that would appear in text boxes below. Would this still be possible with an array?