Possible Motherboard problem?

I just bought a ECS 755A motherboard with a AMD athlon 64 3000+ cpu, when I started the computer it just stopped midway into windows. So I tried to re-install windows(xp), but the computer just simply stoppes after a couple of seconds into the intallation, and just hangs.
I went over every part of the inside, bought a new powersupply, and tried different CMOS configurations... I'm kinda wondering if there is a problem with my cpu/motherboard... any ideas? thanx.

Comments

• : I just bought a ECS 755A motherboard with a AMD athlon 64 3000+ cpu, when I started the computer it just stopped midway into windows. So I tried to re-install windows(xp), but the computer just simply stoppes after a couple of seconds into the intallation, and just hangs.
    : I went over every part of the inside, bought a new powersupply, and tried different CMOS configurations... I'm kinda wondering if there is a problem with my cpu/motherboard... any ideas? thanx.
    :

I'm not sure about this, but do u need 64bit OS for ur 64bit processor? Windows XP 64??