How To Use Password To a web page

Hi !
I want to use a password to my personal website(only that have the password) can enter.How can I do this .Can any body tell me ?
Thank you!

Comments

• : Hi !
    : I want to use a password to my personal website(only that have the password) can enter.How can I do this .Can any body tell me ?
    : Thank you!
    :
    You should use some sort of SQL database (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, SyBase, Etc.) to store the password and/or username in the database, then use a scripting language to access that, bring up page prompting for user/pass and then check it against the database. I strongly recomend a PHP and MySQL combination.
  • : : Hi !
    : : I want to use a password to my personal website(only that have the password) can enter.How can I do this .Can any body tell me ?
    : : Thank you!
    : :
    : You should use some sort of SQL database (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, SyBase, Etc.) to store the password and/or username in the database, then use a scripting language to access that, bring up page prompting for user/pass and then check it against the database. I strongly recomend a PHP and MySQL combination.
    :

How would i do that?? can you show me an example
  • [b][red]This message was edited by _codist_ at 2004-9-12 16:14:6[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi !
    : I want to use a password to my personal website(only that have the password) can enter.How can I do this .Can any body tell me ?
    : Thank you!
    :
    Using a .htaccess file is a very easy and secure way to password protect websites. I don't remember the syntax expected by the webserver currently, but a google search for htaccess should provide you with all the needed information.