Hi, I need to get a pci usb card.

Hi,

I need to get a pci usb card for my dell dimension L500r computer. I only have one spare usb port, and had been moving the stuff i need for it all the time.

So, I really want a pci usb card. I'm not sure which one to get. I found 2 I though sounds good on newegg.com

can someone tell me what to look for in a card? What does it mean when it say a NEC chipset? Does anyone know if this will work on a dell dimenison l500r? Or where to look to find out?

thanks.

Comments

• :
    : Hi,
    :
    : I need to get a pci usb card for my dell dimension L500r computer. I only have one spare usb port, and had been moving the stuff i need for it all the time.
    :
    : So, I really want a pci usb card. I'm not sure which one to get. I found 2 I though sounds good on newegg.com
    :
    : can someone tell me what to look for in a card? What does it mean when it say a NEC chipset? Does anyone know if this will work on a dell dimenison l500r? Or where to look to find out?
    :
    : thanks.
    :

You should be able to use any PCI USB card. When a card is advertised as having an "NEC" (or any other brand) chipset, it is referring to the company that made the chip that controls the USB bus.

It's really not important, typically, to know or care who makes the chip, so that shouldn't be a factor.

If you're really confused or concerned about this, you might consider buying a USB splitter box instead of another card. This enables you to plug multiple USB devices into one USB port.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]