General Browser Question

Over the last few years I have been writing MFC dialog based application for the Windows environment using Visual Studio .Net (C++).

Now is it possible to use Web Browsers to generate the GUI and let the core of the application be written in Managed C++.

The core application involves serial communications and managing a Database. The GUI just needs to provide Start/Stop display and monitor parameters of the core application.

Note I know nothing about Web Browsers or their development, other than using IE for Internet access.

So any useful site would be great - useful words too!

The main reason for this move away from MCF is to allow (so I am told) the users to define there own GUI - as they can design there own Web Pages - I assume this is correct!

Comments

• : Over the last few years I have been writing MFC dialog based application for the Windows environment using Visual Studio .Net (C++).
    :
    : Now is it possible to use Web Browsers to generate the GUI and let the core of the application be written in Managed C++.
    :
    : The core application involves serial communications and managing a Database. The GUI just needs to provide Start/Stop display and monitor parameters of the core application.
    :
    : Note I know nothing about Web Browsers or their development, other than using IE for Internet access.
    :
    : So any useful site would be great - useful words too!
    :
    : The main reason for this move away from MCF is to allow (so I am told) the users to define there own GUI - as they can design there own Web Pages - I assume this is correct!
    :
    :

You need to get knowledge about CGI technology.
    CGI allows to provide information from web browser to the CGI progam (written in C++ or other language) via internet server like Apache.

Good luck,
    Alexey