What is SSL ?

Hi,

What is SSL? How a webpage will come under SSL?

- srinivasan.

Comments

• : What is SSL? How a webpage will come under SSL?
    :
    SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. It enables encrypted communications between two computers, often using the RSA public/private key encryption algorithm. To my understanding, it is a layer below HTTP on the OSI model, and is thus used for other stuff (like SSH, encrypted POP3 and SMTP, etc). For HTTP we tend to write the protocol as HTTPS, and using that in your browser will cause the request to be made on port 443 instead of 80 (443 is default port for secure HTTP).

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• Thanks for reply. How should I apply SSL to my webpage ?

: : What is SSL? How a webpage will come under SSL?
    : :
    : SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. It enables encrypted communications between two computers, often using the RSA public/private key encryption algorithm. To my understanding, it is a layer below HTTP on the OSI model, and is thus used for other stuff (like SSH, encrypted POP3 and SMTP, etc). For HTTP we tend to write the protocol as HTTPS, and using that in your browser will cause the request to be made on port 443 instead of 80 (443 is default port for secure HTTP).
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :