Where is my way???

I am a university student.Of course I major in computer science.When I enter bookstore,I always find a lot of computer books,different kinds,different contents.Presently I has become complex,and don't know what to study,what to remember,even my way.I want to make my own os,and improve my ability of programming.Except for programming,what is left to us?Should I spend all my time on programming?

Comments

• Good question. (even if it's not the right place to post it. :-))

Your own OS eh? I've been there, about 15yrs ago, and all i can tell you: it's a waste of time, except if you do it on special hardware, for a BIG company, for lots of $$$....

I can do sound programing, DirectX, low-level assembly stuff, web programming, visual stuff (C++, etc...), but each takes a LOT of time to dig in and master it. And when you do, they come up with something new (hardware, etc..) and you can start all over...
    I would suggest to pick a narrow band...

As for spending time... ...don't spend all your time with the computer, i've wasted several years 'perfecting my skills', instead of going out with my friends... ...and can i use those skills now? Nop. They are outdated. You should start learning concepts, and programming styles, instead of one particular language or system. It's just an advice.

Edocecrous

: I am a university student.Of course I major in computer science.When I enter bookstore,I always find a lot of computer books,different kinds,different contents.Presently I has become complex,and don't know what to study,what to remember,even my way.I want to make my own os,and improve my ability of programming.Except for programming,what is left to us?Should I spend all my time on programming?
    :

• : I am a university student.Of course I major in computer science.When I enter bookstore,I always find a lot of computer books,different kinds,different contents.Presently I has become complex,and don't know what to study,what to remember,even my way.I want to make my own os,and improve my ability of programming.Except for programming,what is left to us?Should I spend all my time on programming?
    :

I would suggest you put as much effort into learning electrical design and troubleshooting as you can. A good programmer with a solid background in electronics can expect to find good paying jobs virtually anywhere in the country.