Hard Disk,Emergency help needed,Please,Please.......

Hi there,
This is an emergency situation,and if you can help me,it will be really appreciated.I've Windows 2000 installed on my computer with a 6.4 GB Quantum hard disk.It devided into 3 partition,C,D and E.I can see partition E in my MyComputer but when I do double click on it,I receive a message which says I have to format partition E.I used a start up Windows 98 floppy disk,and I can see again my partition E,but I can't see it's volume with DIR command,and I receive a message which shows like my partition E has'nt been formatted.All my important informations are on this partition-a stupid mistake :)))- so that I used FDisk to display my hard disk structure.The type of partition E is unknown,neither FAT16 nor FAT32.
Ok Sirs,if you know how I can recover my informations or I can repair and fix the problem of my hard disk,please let me know and save me form this situatoin.May I have to repair the partition table or boot sector or any thing?....
I'm waiting to hear from you....please:)))
Best Regards

Comments

• Hi:

Have you figured this out yet? I just read your post for the first time.

In case you haven't:

Don't try to read a Win2000 partition on Win 9x. Win 9x will not usually be able to read those partitions correctly. I would expect Win 9x FDISK to report "unknown partition" on a Win2000 formatted drive.

If you haven't done anything yet, please post with more info, such as:

What happened! What symptoms or error messages did you receive? What have you done to try to fix it? What condition is it in now?

Hopefully we can help.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• : Hi:
    :
    : Have you figured this out yet? I just read your post for the first time.
    :
    : In case you haven't:
    :
    : Don't try to read a Win2000 partition on Win 9x. Win 9x will not usually be able to read those partitions correctly. I would expect Win 9x FDISK to report "unknown partition" on a Win2000 formatted drive.
    :
    : If you haven't done anything yet, please post with more info, such as:
    :
    : What happened! What symptoms or error messages did you receive? What have you done to try to fix it? What condition is it in now?
    :
    : Hopefully we can help.
    :
    :
    :
    : [purple]Melissa[/purple]
    :
    :

Hi Melissa
    You asked me about details of my hard disk problem.Actually I finished one program in VB and I was thinking at the same time without working with keyboard or mouse.
    Seddenly I heard a sound like "TIK" from hard disk(sound of its head movement) and then I tried to close my VB project,but there was no any response from mouse or keyboard and computer,was crashed completely.I restarted computer by pushing reset button and then my Win2000 was booted.When I opened My Computer,I saw all my partitions,means C,D and E.All my projects had been stored on E,so I tried to open E,but I received a message "This partition must be formatted,would you like format it?",or something like this,and I selected NO,then I opened C and D successfully.I restarted again and used a Win98 boot disk,but in command prompt of Win98,when I wanted to use DIR command for directory of E,I received again this message"Device reading error" ,I run FDisk and I saw that type of my partition E is unknown.My friends advised me to use Partition magic 8.0,and but it didn't help me to fix the problem except it helped me to make my partition E as primary active partition.But I was still receiving the same message from Windows when I tried to open my E drive.

But I could fix the problem and recove my E drive last Friday,you know I had to write a program for my problem and using that program I could write all bytes of partition sector of E partition,yes,its partition sector became damaged and because of it,No OS could know the type of partition.And after rewritting its partition sector,all my data got recovered.

Anyway,I really thank you for replying my message and for your willing to help me.

Best Regards
    M Reza AsAdi