Connecting 8051 MicroController with a digital camera

i'm student and i'm workin on a project in which i'm required to connect a Digital camera to 8051 Microcontroller. Question i have is ... do i have to write my own driver this camera or i can get it from some place or temme the specs of a digital camera whose datasheet is available. Please i need help here. I will be very thankful to
u ppl.
regards
CYRUS

Comments

• : i'm student and i'm workin on a project in which i'm required to connect a Digital camera to 8051 Microcontroller. Question i have is ... do i have to write my own driver this camera or i can get it from some place or temme the specs of a digital camera whose datasheet is available. Please i need help here. I will be very thankful to
    : u ppl.
    : regards
    : CYRUS
    :

Hi Cyrus:

You don't say what the 8051 is supposed to do once it's connected to the camera. There are many possibilities!

You will, of course, need to write all the software involved. There is not, to my knowledge, any "off-the-shelf" software to interface these devices.

I'm interested in what the goal is in connected these devices. I've done some 8051 development, so I'm intrigued...

:)

[purple]Melissa[/purple]