Hello, some problems with XSL-FO

Hello All, I hope somebody can help me :)

Let me explain the project, I have two xml files (courses_codes.xml and courses.xml)
, I need to read this files and converted them to XSL-FO. The goal is to produce
a PDF file that contains course catalog information for a particular course
group (e.g. AFAM, CSCI, BIOL, etc.) for the 2003-2004 academic year. Also the
XSLT should accept a parameter named "group" that will determine which course group
information will be used (e.g. values for group might be "CSCI", "BIOL", "CHEM", etc).
The XSLT should also accept a parameter named "year".

The XLS-FO first creates a title, using the fullname of the course group selected,
them creates a Table of Contect (TOC) with all the courses, and those courses are
linked to an individual page containing the course information.

The courses in a group has to be unique, and the ones selected using the
global parameters (group, year)

So my questions is how can achive this ??

My XML files are :

courses_codes.xml

courses.xml

AFAM
E-110
Images of Africana People in Cinema

W
Sever Hall 110

Pashington Obeng
PhD, Visiting Lecturer on World Religions, Harvard Divinity School and Assistant Profess$

An examination of the sociocultural, political, and economic aspects of Africana people throu$

ANTH
E-135
The Archaeology of the American Southwest

M
Harvard Hall 201

Steven A. LeBlanc
PhD, Senior Lecturer on Anthropology, Harvard University

This course considers the prehistory of the American Southwest from PaleoIndian times to Euro$

Thx for the help!!
Merry X-MAS!!

LuisM

Comments

• : Hello All, I hope somebody can help me :)
    :
    : Let me explain the project, I have two xml files (courses_codes.xml and courses.xml)
    : , I need to read this files and converted them to XSL-FO. The goal is to produce
    : a PDF file that contains course catalog information for a particular course
    : group (e.g. AFAM, CSCI, BIOL, etc.) for the 2003-2004 academic year. Also the
    : XSLT should accept a parameter named "group" that will determine which course group
    : information will be used (e.g. values for group might be "CSCI", "BIOL", "CHEM", etc).
    : The XSLT should also accept a parameter named "year".
    :
    : The XLS-FO first creates a title, using the fullname of the course group selected,
    : them creates a Table of Contect (TOC) with all the courses, and those courses are
    : linked to an individual page containing the course information.
    :
    : The courses in a group has to be unique, and the ones selected using the
    : global parameters (group, year)
    :
    : So my questions is how can achive this ??
    :
    :
    : My XML files are :
    :
    : courses_codes.xml
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : courses.xml
    :
    :
    :
    : AFAM
    : E-110
    : Images of Africana People in Cinema
    :
    : W
    : 1730
    : 1930
    : Sever Hall 110
    :
    :
    :
    : Pashington Obeng
    : PhD, Visiting Lecturer on World Religions, Harvard Divinity School and Assistant Profess$
    :
    :
    : An examination of the sociocultural, political, and economic aspects of Africana people throu$
    :
    :
    : ANTH
    : E-135
    : The Archaeology of the American Southwest
    :
    : M
    : 1730
    : 1930
    : Harvard Hall 201
    :
    :
    :
    : Steven A. LeBlanc
    : PhD, Senior Lecturer on Anthropology, Harvard University
    :
    :
    : This course considers the prehistory of the American Southwest from PaleoIndian times to Euro$
    :
    :

Well, the first thing you'll want to do is try to combine these into a single XML document. The best way to generate an XSL-FO document is to use an XSLT stylesheet, so you'll want to be able to transform a single XML document with a single stylesheet. That's the easiest way, at least.

How much to you know about XSL-FO? There are some decent tutorials online (one by renderx), and I highly recommend the XSL-FO book from O'Reilly.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]