how to turn off speakers while recording

hello
I wrote a recording(mic) program in win-98,VC++(winAPI). now when I record the sound is being heard from the speakers which I don't want. Can anybody suggest me how to turn off this feature.previously I installed DirectX and Uninstalled again.

please suggest

best regards
srikanth

Comments

• Did you even [b]bother[/b] to read my reply to this question the last time you posted this?

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• hello Mr.Jonathan,

when u posted a reply to my post last time, I really din't understant what all the " for(#.....)" meant and even now same is the case with me.could u please take the pain of elobarating the reply.Iam sincerely in asearch of a solution for this problem.

best regards
    srikanth
  • : when u posted a reply to my post last time, I really din't
    : understant what all the " for(#.....)" meant and even now same is
    : the case with me.could u please take the pain of elobarating the
    : reply.Iam sincerely in asearch of a solution for this problem.
    Uh...that's my signature, not my answer to your question. Thus why it's beneath my name. :-) I replied to your question telling you that you needed to use the mixer API, as defined in winmm.h. This will enable you to do it programatically - I guess you know that you can do it by changing settings in Volume Control, and it uses the mixer API.

Jonathan

###

• interesting signature, any way thanks for your advice and now the system is playing acc to my tunes. I put off the mixer through API "mixeroutclose" and that works fine now.may I ask you the reason for having a unique and comples signature

best regards and thanks
    srikanth

• : may I ask you the reason for having a unique and comples signature
    One of the languages I spend a lot of my time working in is Perl. I don't know if you have any particular programming language you are passionate about, but Perl is mine. :-) In the early nineties (I think) someone started using the signature:-

Just Another Perl Hacker

He then got bored of that and "upgraded" it to:-

print "Just another Perl Hacker";

Over time, the signature was adopted by many, and people found their own very creative ways of generating the words - the rule being the harder it was to guess that's what it would do, the better. I believe one of the best was the one that included the morse code for the words and decoded it, all in a few short lines. What you see in my signature is my effort. I'm not sure how many people guess that's what it does, or how many people care, or how many people try it and see it works but don't know just how. :-)

Hope this satisfies your curiosity.

Jonathan

###

• hello jonathan
    thats fine and interesting too.
    can you give me some info about virtual sound..
    to generate to based on the IFFT calculations and transform it to the speakers which can make really excellent sound.

regards
    srikanth