records, text files

having a problem with trying to write part of a program. I need help to test the information held in a record. there are 4 different items in the record that have to be tested in certain ranges some of which contain 2 optional letters aswell as numbers and i am unsure of how to test something if if has optional letters in it!also the information contain in the record that fails the test needs to be written to an error file...Please can somebody help me as i dont knwo exactly how to go about this!...This is pretty urgent!!!thankyou!!

Comments

• : having a problem with trying to write part of a program. I need help to test the information held in a record. there are 4 different items in the record that have to be tested in certain ranges some of which contain 2 optional letters aswell as numbers and i am unsure of how to test something if if has optional letters in it!also the information contain in the record that fails the test needs to be written to an error file...Please can somebody help me as i dont knwo exactly how to go about this!...This is pretty urgent!!!thankyou!!

:

Hi!

If you could give me some more information, then i'll try to help you.

• if you look a bit further up the list you will see what my problem is...i think it says 'if this helps' as the subject...and please understand that im not looking for someone to do my homework i just want a little help to understand how to do it!! i have written my program and just need to slot the probelm i am having with records and text fiels in..if you can help me in anyway i owould appreciate it greatly! :)

: : having a problem with trying to write part of a program. I need help to test the information held in a record. there are 4 different items in the record that have to be tested in certain ranges some of which contain 2 optional letters aswell as numbers and i am unsure of how to test something if if has optional letters in it!also the information contain in the record that fails the test needs to be written to an error file...Please can somebody help me as i dont knwo exactly how to go about this!...This is pretty urgent!!!thankyou!!

: :

:

: Hi!

:

: If you could give me some more information, then i'll try to help you.

: