simple question?

Hi,

What is the code for turning the screen upside down?

VB Newbie

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : What is the code for turning the screen upside down?
    :
    : VB Newbie
    :
    Well ... pretty simple. Here are 5 easy steps.
    1. Clear the area around the screen
    2. Turn it on one side
    3. Remove the stand
    4. Stick it to the side opposite the side where it was
    5. Turn the screen on that side
  • : : Hi,
    : :
    : : What is the code for turning the screen upside down?
    : : VB Newbie
    : Well ... pretty simple. Here are 5 easy steps.
    : 1. Clear the area around the screen
    : 2. Turn it on one side
    : 3. Remove the stand
    : 4. Stick it to the side opposite the side where it was
    : 5. Turn the screen on that side
    :

Yeah, I knew someone would come up with this answer :-)
    But im not kidding, I really like to know how to invert the screen.

Thanks for any help,

VB Newbie

:
    :

I suppose you could get a current screenshot and draw it upside down in some kind of full-screen graphics mode. I've never done anything like that. Since Windows does all the drawing of regular forms, I don't think there's any way you can make it draw everything upside down.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

:
    :
    :

If you don't want the screen to be interactive, but just a picture of an upsidedown desktop you can:

1) press 'Print Screen'
    2) click 'Start', 'Run'
    3) Win9x: type "pbrush"
    Win2k: type "mspaint"
    4) press 'Enter'
    5) press Ctr + v
    6) press Ctr + r
    7) either select 'Flip vertical' or 'Rotate by angle: 180'
    8) click 'OK'
    9) press Ctr + c
    10) open VB with a new 'Standard EXE'
    11) make the BorderStyle of Form1 '0 - None'
    12) click on the 'Picture' property and press Ctr + v
    13) add this code:

[code]
    Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.WindowState = vbMaximized
    End Sub
    [/code]

14) Make it into an exe
    15) Run it
  • : : Hi,
    : : What is the code for turning the screen upside down?
    : : : :
    :
    : If you don't want the screen to be interactive, but just a picture of an upsidedown desktop you can:
    :
    : 1) press 'Print Screen'
    : 2) click 'Start', 'Run'
    : 3) Win9x: type "pbrush"
    : Win2k: type "mspaint"
    : 4) press 'Enter'
    : 5) press Ctr + v
    : 6) press Ctr + r
    : 7) either select 'Flip vertical' or 'Rotate by angle: 180'
    : 8) click 'OK'
    : 9) press Ctr + c
    : 10) open VB with a new 'Standard EXE'
    : 11) make the BorderStyle of Form1 '0 - None'
    : 12) click on the 'Picture' property and press Ctr + v
    : 13) add this code:
    :
    : [code]
    : Private Sub Form_Load()
    : Me.WindowState = vbMaximized
    : End Sub
    : [/code]
    :
    : 14) Make it into an exe
    : : VB Newbie

: 15) Run it
    :

Thanks for your help but I really want the screen to be interactive.
    I know some graphic-cards have the option for turning the screen!
    Now I want the same by using vb code, but maybe its just not possible for every graphic-card.
    I could not find anything on the web about it so im affraid that it is not possible :-(

• : Thanks for your help but I really want the screen to be interactive.
    : I know some graphic-cards have the option for turning the screen!
    : Now I want the same by using vb code, but maybe its just not possible for every graphic-card.
    : I could not find anything on the web about it so im affraid that it is not possible :-(
    :

Those graphics cards use the hardware to flip the image as it's drawn to the monitor. Since the GUI is not replaceable (as in Linux's KDE, Gnome(?), XWindows, etc.), Windows won't let you mess with it. I suppose you might be able to hook the drawing functions (though you'd have to use C/C++) and modify the output but I wouldn't expect this to be possible either.

Sorry...
  • : If you don't want the screen to be interactive, but just a picture of an upsidedown desktop you can:
    :

Another fun thing to do is to take picture of the screen and save it, then set it as the wallpaper. Select to hide icons in webview and then switch to webview. Resize the taskbar off the screen and they won't even be able to use the mouse to get the start menu.
  • : : If you don't want the screen to be interactive, but just a picture of an upsidedown desktop you can:
    :
    : Another fun thing to do is to take picture of the screen and save it, then set it as the wallpaper. Select to hide icons in webview and then switch to webview. Resize the taskbar off the screen and they won't even be able to use the mouse to get the start menu.
    :
    well ... there IS a way do what you want real-time... but it's ugly. The result will be even MORE UGLY ( i mean really UGLY). The thing is to get the Desktop windows (using GetDesktopWindow API). Then, from that hWnd you can get the DC (using GetWindowDC). Then, you BitBlt the image into a picture box or whatever, flip it, and BitBlt it back to the desktop DC. This is possible, because the Desktop windows and its DC are somewhat different from normal hWnds and DCs, because when you BitBlt the image of what is in the Desktop's DC, you actually copy the image the user sees - the entire screen, nomatter what windows are on top of the Desktop, if they are visible, you'll get them in the snapshot. It's really what the user sees on the screen (not including DirectX and OpenGL or any other special video modes). Now, the UGLY thing is that flipping the image could be very slow ... and I'm not sure if you'll be able to work directly with the Desktop's DC, 'cause Windows' GDI constantly updates the picture (almost constantly, that is). So you'll just have to copy the image. If you figure out the way to get the actual location in memory of the image in the picture box (I assume the you've copied the Desktop's contents into a picture box) you can fastly flip the image (may be with some consideration of the size of a pixel in bytes and so on ... ).
    As I said in the beginning, it's UGLY task, with UGLY solution ... but if you want an easy and elegant solution, just follow the steps in my first reply!!! :)) Or you can go in the role of plastic surgent and make the UGLY beautiful!!!