ASP.NET web server control

I am having trouble in placing a web server control in to the web form.
When I put a web server control in a web form it is visible in design time but not at run time. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Comments

• : I am having trouble in placing a web server control in to the web form.
    : When I put a web server control in a web form it is visible in design time but not at run time. Can anybody help me?
    :
    : Thanks
    :

what kind of control? Does the web server control have the runat="server" attribute set? How are u placing the control?
  • [b][red]This message was edited by Ermias at 2003-11-28 16:23:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I am having trouble in placing a web server control in to the web form.
    : : When I put a web server control in a web form it is visible in design time but not at run time. Can anybody help me?
    : :
    : : Thanks
    :
    : what kind of control? Does the web server control have the runat="server" attribute set? How are u placing the control?
    :
    ::
    I put a Button from the web form panel of the toolbox and a Button control from the HTML panel by dragging them to the Web form. But, at run-time the button from the HTML panel is visible but not the one from the Web form panel.

By the way, how do I set runat="server" attribute?

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Ermias at 2003-11-28 16:23:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I am having trouble in placing a web server control in to the web form.
    : : : When I put a web server control in a web form it is visible in design time but not at run time. Can anybody help me?
    : : :
    : : : Thanks
    : : what kind of control? Does the web server control have the runat="server" attribute set? How are u placing the control?
    : ::
    : I put a Button from the web form panel of the toolbox and a Button control from the HTML panel by dragging them to the Web form. But, at run-time the button from the HTML panel is visible but not the one from the Web form panel.
    :
    : By the way, how do I set runat="server" attribute?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    For hml server controls you should be able to right click on the control and there should be an option to make it server side. As for Web controls they are runat="server" by nature. In HTML view you can alsp add runat="server" like so:

[code]

[/code]

Now as for ur control not showing up make sure the panel it is in has its Visible property set to true. Make sure the visible property of the button is set to true. Other than that im stumped.

• : : [b][red]This message was edited by Ermias at 2003-11-28 16:23:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : I am having trouble in placing a web server control in to the web form.
    : : : : When I put a web server control in a web form it is visible in design time but not at run time. Can anybody help me?
    : : : :
    : : : : Thanks
    : : : :
    : : : what kind of control? Does the web server control have the runat="server" attribute set? How are u placing the control?
    : : ::
    : : I put a Button from the web form panel of the toolbox and a Button control from the HTML panel by dragging them to the Web form. But, at run-time the button from the HTML panel is visible but not the one from the Web form panel.
    : : By the way, how do I set runat="server" attribute?
    : For hml server controls you should be able to right click on the control and there should be an option to make it server side. As for Web controls they are runat="server" by nature. In HTML view you can alsp add runat="server" like so:
    :
    : [code]
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : Now as for ur control not showing up make sure the panel it is in has its Visible property set to true. Make sure the visible property of the button is set to true. Other than that im stumped.
    :
    ::
    But, you see I don't have problems with HTML controls. My problem is with Web Server controls. I can't see them at run time.

• Certainly a curious problem. Just a wild stab. Don't all containing html tags have to have runat='server'. Such as this fORM tag from a page on my website.
    [code]

[/code]

Also, I just thought of this, check your Page directive at the top of they html view of your aspx page. One of mine looks like this.
    [code]
    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="Slide1.aspx.vb" Inherits="Academics.Slide1" smartNavigation="True"%>
    [/code]
    The Codebehind and Inherits needs to be there only with your module names.
    Let us know how this works out for you.
  • : Certainly a curious problem. Just a wild stab. Don't all containing html tags have to have runat='server'. Such as this fORM tag from a page on my website.
    :
    : ....
    :
    :
    : Also, I just thought of this, check your Page directive at the top of they html view of your aspx page. One of mine looks like this.
    : <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="Slide1.aspx.vb" Inherits="Academics.Slide1" smartNavigation="True"%>
    : The Codebehind and Inherits needs to be there only with your module names.
    : Let us know how this works out for you.
    :
    I finally solved the problem. I guess the problem occured because I installed Visual Studio .NET before IIS. I realized that in IIS configuration there was no .aspx,... configurations related to server controls. Then I uninstalled .NET framework and installed it again. It is working fine now. Thanks anyway for your help.