Gameboy Advance

Hi. I have got the permission (from our computer science faculty advisor) of doing a research and implementation project (CSC429, 4th year comp. sci. course) in Gameboy Advance programming. I have a team of 3 students and we're responsible for researching, documenting, design and finally programming a game for Gameboy Advance.
None of us have any knowledge in game programming so we fairly new to this whole game development field.
Now, i have come here to find/gather information regarding basically how to start and where to begin.
The course doesn't start until next term, so therefore we havent assigned tasks to the group yet. Thou i will be doing most of the implementation(not responsible for the art work).
Do you think doing a project for Gameboy advance will benefit?
Right now we are just brainstorming ideas as to what we should do our project in and gamboy is one of the choices. I like to hear other topics you guys might have that could be benefit us in future. (I like to end up in game industry one day.)

Comments

• Hey there.

I can't really tell you if gba programming will benifit your resume but it is great fun to do.

If you're interested check out www.gbadev.org or www.devrs.com/gba

They are both great sites and have all the tools and tutorials you will need to get started. It is an easy platform to program in my opinion.

Anyway if i can help at all let me know.

: Hi. I have got the permission (from our computer science faculty advisor) of doing a research and implementation project (CSC429, 4th year comp. sci. course) in Gameboy Advance programming. I have a team of 3 students and we're responsible for researching, documenting, design and finally programming a game for Gameboy Advance.
    : None of us have any knowledge in game programming so we fairly new to this whole game development field.
    : Now, i have come here to find/gather information regarding basically how to start and where to begin.
    : The course doesn't start until next term, so therefore we havent assigned tasks to the group yet. Thou i will be doing most of the implementation(not responsible for the art work).
    : Do you think doing a project for Gameboy advance will benefit?
    : Right now we are just brainstorming ideas as to what we should do our project in and gamboy is one of the choices. I like to hear other topics you guys might have that could be benefit us in future. (I like to end up in game industry one day.)
    :