temporary stop a linux script

how do I stop a linux script?
for example, I want to create an executable file name "cd", but there already exists a linux shell script called "cd", and it is used for going into a directory/folder. So when I type "cd" in the shell the computer would not use my "cd" file but treat it as a command. so how do I temporary stop the "cd" command and let the system execute my file? (assume I can't change the file name) please tell me in C/C++ code or shell commands of how to change.

Comments

• : how do I stop a linux script?
    : for example, I want to create an executable file name "cd", but there already exists a linux shell script called "cd", and it is used for going into a directory/folder. So when I type "cd" in the shell the computer would not use my "cd" file but treat it as a command. so how do I temporary stop the "cd" command and let the system execute my file? (assume I can't change the file name) please tell me in C/C++ code or shell commands of how to change.
    :

First of all "cd" isn't a shell script, but a c-program.
    You don't want to temporary stop the "cd" - command, thats not very wise, for you or maybe for others users on the machine.

to execute your "cd" program use "./cd" (note: you have to be in the same directory)

[italic]"We must work in team, or we die"[/italic]
    - The single dead guy WWII.