Creating buttons in Assembly

Hi,

In color text mode, how do I create buttons? I need to have a Quit button, reset button, and a text only box with scroll buttons. And have the ability to type in the text only box.

Comments

• in pure dos-asm (which you should use in your assignment,i think ;) there is no way to create a 'window' or a 'button' without any special library.so you have to write your own routines for stuff like creating windows,buttons,boxes and so on.

in my oppinion it is the easiest way to write your 'gfx'-stuff directly in text-memory of the gfx,card,starting at 0xb800:0x0000.there are 2 bytes for each character,the first gives the ascii-code and the second byte the attributes(3 bits for background,4 bits for color and highest bit for blinking,i think).

the keyboard and mouse control could be done with the standart interrupts (keyboard = int16h,mouse = int33h,there must be a mousedriver installed in order to use a mouse under dos).take a look to raplh browns interrupt-list for detailed information about these interrupts.

hope this helps a bit...
  • : Hi,
    :
    : In color text mode, how do I create buttons? I need to have a Quit button, reset button, and a text only box with scroll buttons. And have the ability to type in the text only box.
    :

Take a look to www.geocities.com/macrotechonline/components
    There are many good stuff there

• This program should be done in color text mode
    the screen will contain 8 SPECIAL AREAS
    3 of the SPECIAL AREAS will behave as follows
    one area will be a cursor manipulation zone(the user can direct the cursor using the arrow keys and home)
    Other keys should have no effect on the cursor
    one area will be a keyboard status report
    indicate which arrow key was pressed (as defined below)

home was pressed
    'Other Key' was pressed
    one area will display the current cursor coordinates in Row, Col form
    all other keys may be ignored

5 of the SPECIAL AREAS will behave as follows:

Quit button
    Reset button
    Scroll up & Scroll down button for the typing box
    Typing box

These areas need to be colored to make them visible

Key Action
    Esc Terminate Program