Books Assembler

Which is the best book for learning Assembler? Plz advice me

Comments

• : Which is the best book for learning Assembler? Plz advice me
    :

[b]Assembly language step by step by Jeff, Duntemann[/b] is a good book to start with in my opinion; however, I would recommend reading some computer science books to get the fundamentals of the language. I'm reading now this book by [b]David J. Eck "The Most Complex Machine: A Survey of Computers and Computing"[/b] which is good, and has hands on excersises at the authors website in java that will help your progress.

• : : Which is the best book for learning Assembler? Plz advice me
    : :
    :
    : [b]Assembly language step by step by Jeff, Duntemann[/b] is a good book to start with in my opinion; however, I would recommend reading some computer science books to get the fundamentals of the language. I'm reading now this book by [b]David J. Eck "The Most Complex Machine: A Survey of Computers and Computing"[/b] which is good, and has hands on excersises at the authors website in java that will help your progress.
    :
    :

Thank you so much
  • Another thought is:
    Download some simple .ASM code,
    download a text version of x86 instructions,
    view the .ASM code, make a list of a few instructions,
    look up the instructions in the x86.txt to get an understanding of what the instructions do in the .ASM code so you can follow the .ASM code.
    In other words, learning to read teaches you how to write.
    What you will find is that there are only a few instructions that are commonly used & once you learn those, you can start writeing your own code.

I hope that helps somehow.