DIR Without DOS

Hi guys, can someone help me write a version of dir that shows a list of files on a FAT msdos formmated floppy disk without using and dos ints just rom bios int (ie int 13H)

many thanks

edwin

Comments

• : Hi guys, can someone help me write a version of dir that shows a list of files on a FAT msdos formmated floppy disk without using and dos ints just rom bios int (ie int 13H)
    : many thanks
    : edwin

I don't know if this will help, but norasm.zip can be found searching in
    www.google.com and it's Norton's absolute disk sector read write for small disks like floppys? and I think it uses INT 25h ?
    Masm code? Well commented? any way, it might be worth a look?

• Or search for a doc about the FAT12 filesystem (perhaps on this page?).It should be not to difficult to write a FAT12 parser or somethng like that using Int13h.
  • : Hi guys, can someone help me write a version of dir that shows a list of files on a FAT msdos formmated floppy disk without using any dos ints just rom bios int (ie int 13H)
    :
    : many thanks
    :
    : edwin
    :
    :
    ====================================================================
    Edwin: 10/13/03
    Please check my response to your 'please help me with fat 12 File system' above. If you need int13H for 720K, I can work something up. Let me know.
    triggerme