convert english to morse code

Hello, i am writing a program that takes a user input from the keyboard of numbers and letters and echo's it to the screen and sound as the equivalent morse code.
plase note that i am working with the intel 8086.
I have written a lot of code for it but it doesn't quite work yet. If anyone thinks they could help plase send me an e-mail (pleeeaaaase i'm desperate!)
Cheers
tantiwin@yahoo.com

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by AsmGuru62 at 2003-10-9 11:51:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hello, i am writing a program that takes a user input from the keyboard of numbers and letters and echo's it to the screen and sound as the equivalent morse code.
    : plase note that i am working with the intel 8086.
    : I have written a lot of code for it but it doesn't quite work yet. If anyone thinks they could help plase send me an e-mail (pleeeaaaase i'm desperate!)
    : Cheers
    : tantiwin@yahoo.com
    :
    [blue]A lot of code?!.. it is just one lookup table...[/blue]
    [code]
    .DATA
    SoundA db 'A-.-',0
    SoundB db 'B--..',0
    SoundC db 'C..-..',0
    ; ...
    ; .etc for all known symbols and digits...

Table dw offset [SoundA]
    dw offset [SoundB]
    dw offset [SoundC]
    ; --- etc. all values into a table
    dw 0FFFFh ; Mark the end of a table
    [/code]
    [blue]
    After that is all easy - once the character is taken as input:

1. Make it uppercase, so you will get the same for 'a' as for 'A'
    2. Scan the table until the symbol will be compared
    3. Sound short if you see '.' and long if you see '-'
    4. Take next symbol until zero byte is reached

Done![/blue]

• thank you very much but i would be grate if you could send me a compleat code because im areally a beginner and i need this program for anothar application so if you cuuld halp me with this it would be grate....
    the spesifications for this program are: it must be able to be compliled with the nasamide
    and i need to introduce a leter a word or a santence (max caracters 100 or less its ok too) and the program must send the morse code of the word by soud and screen
    for example:
    "pleas enter a word to be converted"
    and i put hello
    so the progma show:
    .-- -.- .-- ...-- (morse of hello)
    thanks
    and waiting for your e-mail

• : thank you very much but i would be grate if you could send me a compleat code because im areally a beginner and i need this program for anothar application so if you cuuld halp me with this it would be grate....
    : the spesifications for this program are: it must be able to be compliled with the nasamide
    : and i need to introduce a leter a word or a santence (max caracters 100 or less its ok too) and the program must send the morse code of the word by soud and screen
    : for example:
    : "pleas enter a word to be converted"
    : and i put hello
    : so the progma show:
    : .-- -.- .-- ...-- (morse of hello)
    : thanks
    : and waiting for your e-mail
    :
    :
    [blue]I am too busy at work... besides, just start coding - you said you have the lot of code already done. I can assist with the issues you will have, but I can't code it completely.[/blue]