Software Prototyping with Python

Hello All,
Why they say Python is a good (one of the best)programming environment for software prototyping. Please provide a link if you have done similar. What are other alternatives.
niravdani@lycos.com

Comments

• : Hello All,
    : Why they say Python is a good (one of the best)programming environment for software prototyping. Please provide a link if you have done similar. What are other alternatives.
    : niravdani@lycos.com

That just means that you can come up with a prototype quickly and fairly easily. For example, the standard library includes a SimpleXMLRPCServer class and some associated classes for creating a basic XML-RPC server. I am trying to demonstrate the feasibility of using XML-RPC in our application, so doing a little bit of research into the standard library, I was able to create a multi-threaded XML-RPC server in a couple of hours with maybe 75 lines of code. It's mainly because Python is so flexible, has a massive standard library, and doesn't require compiling to run that makes it possible to quickly code prototypes of ideas to see if they work.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]