File format Question

This doesn't relate to programming, but you ASM people are smart as hell, so I figgured I'd ask here. I have a file I can't use. It has an ELF header, well, it's more like character code 127, then the letters ELF, then Character code 1 3 times.

Any ideas on how to use it?

Thanks.

Comments

• ELF is the LINUX executable file format. So, if you're using linux then you shouldn't have a problem, but if you're using Win32 you have a problem.

Technically you could convert the file from ELF format to PE Format, but that's a lot of hassle, and it still wouldn't run because it uses Linux specific code.

So either run it on a linux machine, disassemble it and figure out what it would do, or get a Win32 Linux emulator type program, or try out some other suggestions that other people might have.

• to run it in Linux type ./file_name or put it in your user/bin directory and type file_name

: This doesn't relate to programming, but you ASM people are smart as hell, so I figgured I'd ask here. I have a file I can't use. It has an ELF header, well, it's more like character code 127, then the letters ELF, then Character code 1 3 times.

:

: Any ideas on how to use it?

:

: Thanks.

: