Freedom and pix of Otay and Queasy

I'm bringing this to the top since the last thread seems to be getting into a jumble.

Gyron: [blue]Yea, you are right about people abusing the freedom in the States, I remember someone on this board saying some guys only want to British when it suits them (refering to the prisoners at Camp X-ray). I certainly agree with Thomas Jefferson. An example is here in Zimbabwe, a number of guys are alleged to have voted for the ruling party coz they were afraid of a civil war in the event of a win by the opposition. After all, the army generals had gone on tv warning that they would never salute anyone who did not take part in the fight against the colonialists.[/blue]

Sad.

[blue]What really pissed me off about the Bush admin is why they dispayed those gory images of Uday and Quasay, do you think it was appropriate?[/blue]

I think it was entirely appropriate given the circumstances. Yes it was rather hypocritical to do it after protesting the Iraqi displays of dead US soldiers, but without proof of their deaths, Iraqi citizens and conspiracy theorists alike would only assume they were still alive somewhere.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

Comments

• : I'm bringing this to the top since the last thread seems to be getting into a jumble.
    :
    : Gyron: [blue]Yea, you are right about people abusing the freedom in the States, I remember someone on this board saying some guys only want to British when it suits them (refering to the prisoners at Camp X-ray). I certainly agree with Thomas Jefferson. An example is here in Zimbabwe, a number of guys are alleged to have voted for the ruling party coz they were afraid of a civil war in the event of a win by the opposition. After all, the army generals had gone on tv warning that they would never salute anyone who did not take part in the fight against the colonialists.[/blue]
    :
    : Sad.
    :
    : [blue]What really pissed me off about the Bush admin is why they dispayed those gory images of Uday and Quasay, do you think it was appropriate?[/blue]
    :
    : I think it was entirely appropriate given the circumstances. Yes it was rather hypocritical to do it after protesting the Iraqi displays of dead US soldiers, but without proof of their deaths, Iraqi citizens and conspiracy theorists alike would only assume they were still alive somewhere.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : [blue]But those pictures are bad in that they may potray these guys as Saints to the Muslim world. They dont show compassion for an ernemy, which is supposed to be exalted and revered by the civilized world!
    "Freedom and pix of Otay and Queasy" i see you are even ridiculing the guys by how you write thier names (or is it a genuine spelling mistake?) [/blue]

• : I'm bringing this to the top since the last thread seems to be getting into a jumble.
    :
    : Gyron: [blue]Yea, you are right about people abusing the freedom in the States, I remember someone on this board saying some guys only want to British when it suits them (refering to the prisoners at Camp X-ray). I certainly agree with Thomas Jefferson. An example is here in Zimbabwe, a number of guys are alleged to have voted for the ruling party coz they were afraid of a civil war in the event of a win by the opposition. After all, the army generals had gone on tv warning that they would never salute anyone who did not take part in the fight against the colonialists.[/blue]
    :
    : Sad.
    :
    : [blue]What really pissed me off about the Bush admin is why they dispayed those gory images of Uday and Quasay, do you think it was appropriate?[/blue]
    :
    : I think it was entirely appropriate given the circumstances. Yes it was rather hypocritical to do it after protesting the Iraqi displays of dead US soldiers, but without proof of their deaths, Iraqi citizens and conspiracy theorists alike would only assume they were still alive somewhere.
    :
    :
    :
    [blue] I agree with Gyron. There was not any reason to display those images. May be infidel is right and those pictures should be showed as evidence of Saddam's sons deaths a couple times, may be a few times in Iraq. But every day during almost a week here in the US and other countries! I think most american people were sick and tired to watch it in every news program, even local, several times a day [/blue]
  • : : [blue]But those pictures are bad in that they may potray these guys as Saints to the Muslim world.[/blue]

You mean martyrs? Perhaps. Depends on the muslim, I suppose. I reckon there are a lot of Shiites that would have loved to have been there themselves in the fight.

[blue]They dont show compassion for an ernemy, which is supposed to be exalted and revered by the civilized world![/blue]

What? I think perhaps you have "civilized world" confused with "Jesus' teachings".

: [blue]"Freedom and pix of Otay and Queasy" i see you are even ridiculing the guys by how you write thier names (or is it a genuine spelling mistake?) [/blue]

Ridicule. Why should I show "compassion" to a sadist and a rapist?

• : [blue] I agree with Gyron. There was not any reason to display those images. May be infidel is right and those pictures should be showed as evidence of Saddam's sons deaths a couple times, may be a few times in Iraq. But every day during almost a week here in the US and other countries! I think most american people were sick and tired to watch it in every news program, even local, several times a day [/blue]

That is the fault of the mainstream media, not the government.

• : : [blue] I agree with Gyron. There was not any reason to display those images. May be infidel is right and those pictures should be showed as evidence of Saddam's sons deaths a couple times, may be a few times in Iraq. But every day during almost a week here in the US and other countries! I think most american people were sick and tired to watch it in every news program, even local, several times a day [/blue]
    :
    : That is the fault of the mainstream media, not the government.
    :
    :
    : [blue]
    Yeah, it its the fault of the mainstream medea, but they got the pictures with the blessing of Donald, did they not?[/blue]
    :

• [blue]: Yeah, it its the fault of the mainstream medea, but they got the pictures with the blessing of Donald, did they not?[/blue]

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Donald, John, Dick or George - but I think your statement here is insinuating more than is the case. "With the blessing of Donald" seems to say that he was using the media to showboat the killings. I do not believe that to be the case. The government made the pictures public primarily to help the public relations in Iraq. Perhaps also to show us back home that "progress" is being made. I'm not saying that I think it's impossible there was some bragadoccio going on, but I just don't think it to be so. The fact that media took the pictures and ran with them I think says more about the media and the American public than it does about the governments motive in releasing them.

• : [blue]: Yeah, it its the fault of the mainstream medea, but they got the pictures with the blessing of Donald, did they not?[/blue]
    :
    : Believe me, I'm not a fan of Donald, John, Dick or George - but I think your statement here is insinuating more than is the case. "With the blessing of Donald" seems to say that he was using the media to showboat the killings. I do not believe that to be the case. The government made the pictures public primarily to help the public relations in Iraq. Perhaps also to show us back home that "progress" is being made. I'm not saying that I think it's impossible there was some bragadoccio going on, but I just don't think it to be so. The fact that media took the pictures and ran with them I think says more about the media and the American public than it does about the governments motive in releasing them.
    : [blue]Hmm...you say there was no showboating? How about when George said "Bring them on", wasn't that some showboating?[/blue]
    :
    :
    :

• : : [blue]Hmm...you say there was no showboating? How about when George said "Bring them on", wasn't that some showboating?[/blue]

That was swagger and in a totally different context.

Now look what you made me do, you made me defend Dubya. I need a shower.

• : : : [blue]Hmm...you say there was no showboating? How about when George said "Bring them on", wasn't that some showboating?[/blue]
    :
    : That was swagger and in a totally different context.
    :
    : Now look what you made me do, you made me defend Dubya. I need a shower.
    :
    :
    :
    : ::Not bad to defend him, coz to an extent he is championing human rights and cleaning the world of demagogues and dictators. Quite understandably, mistakes are made in the process.
    Actually i know a number of people who will be happy to see the US marines with their hardware this side of the world. Some of them are Liberians, but quite a number are not so far away from where i live!